Our 2019 Remote Hackathon has come to an end. We are again really proud of all the teams that participated in it. In the end, we had 6 amazing teams that did an awesome job in creating amazing products.
We’ve had the time of our lives organizing this event, watching the teams develop their products and listen to their official business presentations of their awesome concepts. It also has really been an excellent opportunity for us to get to know our wider community and for its members to engage with each other.
We are happy to announce the Upstack 2019 Hackathon Winners - and boy oh boy has it been so hard to judge!!!
Team 6 - Team Satrab are the winners of this year's Hackathon, they have done an awesome job, along with all the other teams, just that they had that special something which stood out!
The team behind it has really shone, creating a complex proof of concept as well as a comprehensive business plan.
Selcuk Kiraz and Petr Mlcoch have done so well in delivering a cool product and impressing the judges (Yossi, George, Evelina, Horia, Diana, and Robert).
Both have highlighted their awesome skills, experience, and understanding of the industry in which they intended to operate.
A few details:
- in 2018 we had 3 teams competing - in 2019 we had 6
- everyone competed over the weekend and they all had a Success Manager alongside them acting as a PO/PM
- in 2018 everyone built something that they wanted - in 2019 they built something closer to Upstack's vision (we hope we can take the work and move it to next level - making it a core part of the Upstack offering)
- there were a total of 48 hours of live coding and developers from all over the world participating
- we have managed to show that a Remote Hackathon can work and this year's event is a showcase for Upstack and for all of us working behind the scenes
- finally, another awesome achievement our CTO Robert Bojor has started his dream of streaming live coding in this Hackathon (check him out being all awesome - here!)
A couple of words for the teams and organizers
The Hackathon was such an excellent experience for everyone involved in organizing it, attendees and our larger community that we’ve decided to organize Hackathons every year, so stay tuned!
Kudos for the CSM team in taking the event to the next level. All your involvement made it triple in awesomeness compared to last year! We are looking forward to seeing what will happen next year!
We can say that our 2018 Hackathon has been successful and quite motivational for other developers that want to take on a new one. That’s why we have already started to prepare for next year's Hackathon - see you soon!
Build a world-class team, in a fraction of the time!